1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 question for BYH - Homoeroticism in 80's videos?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 11, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Question for the expert: Whats the deal with all those 80's videos where the lead singer shares a microphone with his guitarist, and they are literally rubbing cheeks? I saw Loverboy's "Hot Girls in Love" and that lead singer looked like he was going to make out with his guitarist while sharing the mic. Was this common? It looks very gay. I think there's a lot of examples of this.

2. Mateo

Mateo Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's turnin' up the heat, he's got the magic touch. :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Somebody could write a book about the homoerotic images in 80s music videos.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What do you think BYH is doing with all the time he used to spend on this board? ;D ;D ;D

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Actually, this looked pretty wrong.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The infancy of the music video era inspired men to shed all inhibations. Their self-awareness evaporating with every whirl of the camera, these proudly hetero rock stars explored, thru music and images, more of themselves then ever before. Men in red tights rubbing ass led to openly gay mid-80s bands such as Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Pet Shop Boys, Wham! and GWAR.

Indeed, if you play "Hot Girls In Love" backward, you'll hear "Relax. Don't do it. When you want to come."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This is a thread desperately in need of a Prancing Billy picture.

C'mon BYH, be man. Post it. I know you want to.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damnit! When I was writing that I was going to mention that the pinnacle of hetero uncertainty was "Rock Me Tonite," which includes images far more disturbing than two butts rubbing.

Anyway, because I need no prodding, here's the screen shot!!!

[​IMG]

(BTW, Armchair, I haven't forgotten your request for Tawny Kitean spread eagled on a Jaguar, but I can't seem to find it)

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Best I could do.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well fuckin shit, look at the young'un making me look bad.

I Googled Kitaen and Whitesnake and all sorts of combinations thereof and didn't find a thing. Damn you Good Doc! Damn you to hell!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted