1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 Classic's "Classic Albums"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Nov 22, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just stumbled onto this show today and today's episode was on Queen's "A Night at the Opera." If you love music, particularly the great albums of all time, you might want to catch this show.

Upcoming episodes include:
    Def Leppard: Hysteria
    Judas Priest: British Steel
    Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    Bob Marley: Catch a Fire
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric LadyLand
    The Who: Who's Next
    Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
    Nirvana: Nevermind

Based on the "A Night at the Opera" one I recorded and watched today, pretty damn good television.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

No Thin Lizzy "Fighting"?

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm just waiting for "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich."

4. old_tony

Well, my DirecTV guide only went up to Dec. 4.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why Hysteria? That isn't even Def Lep's best album. Grrrrrr. It's a buncha singles mushed together on a single disc, not a coherent album that flows well. Pyromania = far superior (and sold almost as well).[/hostiledeflepfangirl]

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Hysteria's not even in the top three.

7. sportschick

What number is it and is there the possibility that the Leps have two albums on the countdown?

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The drummer would bet his arm that Hysteria is better.

9. old_tony

Sorry, sc. Just reporting what the upcoming episodes are. Not really a def lep fan (had a college roommate who played it too often and too loud).

The Queen one is on again in three minutes and it's outstanding. I think "A Night at the Opera" is one of the greatest album performances ever, bar none.

10. sportschick

That is sooo wrong. The drumming did improve though, just that album isn't one you can listen to straight through. Some major shit on that one.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Since we're talking about music, I just heard the most god awful song by Rick Derringer ("It's Raining") on my Yahoo! Launchcast. Sounded like something that would be on a '70s AM gold compilation being sold at 3.am. on TBS.

12. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Please let me know when they do "Back in Black," so I can pull out my mullet wig and "Shoot to Thrill!"

Draft saved Draft deleted