1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Veterans Day 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by murphyc, Nov 11, 2011.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Thanks to all the veterans who have served and/or are currently serving. We are forever indebted. A special thanks to all who gave their lives to protect our freedoms. Thank you veterans! :)

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Amen.

Thanks for starting the thread.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'll add my thanks for all of those who have served to help protect our freedom.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Without question, thank you to all.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Many thanks to all veterans, but especially to my Dad. :)

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

At the elementary school where I teach 3rd grade, we had a sensational, moving tribute that included all five grades of classrooms and about 15 area veterans on the stage. Several tears were shed at this remarkable event.
    This was designed totally by the first-year principal, who has Mexican roots and has seen the best and worst of both countries.
    She did an awesome job of including several people to point out the real meaning of Vets Day.
    My hat's always gonna be off to the men and women of our military. My biological father was a captain in the Navy and graduated William & Mary/Annapolis before serving out his distinguished career.
    Several others in my family are also military members including my one-year-older brother, who's now in Kuwait on a tour that takes him on weekly visits to the hot spots.
    Thanks to all who serve!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Up here in Canada we call it Remembrance Day but it's still the same.

I had three uncles who went to Europe in World War 2 and two came back.

My uncle Ernie, my father's younger brother, is buried in Holland.

RIP Uncle Ernie and thank you.

Although Canadians remember both World Wars, Korea, and now our presence in Iraq & Afghanistan, WW1 is the singular most important in our nation's history.

There were 67,000 killed and 173,000 wounded out of a force of 620,00

I have a friend whose dad is 95 and served in WW2. Danny comes to the Goose regularly and gets a standing ovation every times he does karaoke. Seriously.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Thank you to all the brave men and women out there today helping keep us safe, and to those who came before them.

Draft saved Draft deleted