1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verlander Throws MLB's Second No-Hitter Of Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Of course, your post indicates you didn't see the diving play Neifi made to start a double play.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I knew I shouldn't have sold my soul to the devil. This is the part after the great start where Satan tortures Brewers fans with a slow, excruitiating slide back to mediocrity. Fuck.

In an odd way, the inability of the rest of the division to make anything out of the Brewers' struggles is hurting the Brewers more than helping (right now both the Cubs and Cardinals are losing). The Brewers need a wake-up call from one of the other NL Central teams.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've had opportunity to talk to him a couple of times. He's a good guy and deserves it.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the Cardinals are being sodomized by the Royals and the Cubs are laying down like dogs against Seattle. That loud beeping sound you hear is the 80-82 Milwaukee Brewers backing into the 2007 Central Division title.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is Dick Vermeil making fun of Leyland's crying?

And Gutter mentioned Jack Voigt, who is an awesome, awesome guy. Guy never has trouble finding something to say and is entertaining as hell.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Big deal, I made a diving stop once playing beer-league softball. I made it for the same reason Neifi Perez makes his diving stops -- I have no range, and I have to dive to field ground balls actual shortstops can scoop into their hip pockets without even taking a deep breath.

Neifi Perez belongs nowhere near a MLB roster, and it's an insult to the fans every time he's allowed on the field.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Can't argue that.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

.500 might win that division. Fear not. The Cubs are the Cubs.. they aren't going anywhere. St. Louis has one big bullpen, and that shit isn't going to work. Clemens isn't there to bail Houston out. Just limit Prince Fielder to one bratwurst a day, and you'll be ok.

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I watched the first couple innings and Verlander was throwing some nasty stuff... I knew the Brewers would be in for a long night, but certainly didn't expect they wouldn't get a hit.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Will anyone use JUSTIN CREDIBLE as a headline? If so, I may have to mock you for referencing one of the most overrated pro wrestlers ever.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Um ... No.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I made an executive decision and the headline in our paper is "FUUUUUCK!"

Subhead: Verlander no hits Brewers' lineup with Gross DH and Counsell-Graffanino at the top

(I keed Tigers fans. Nice job Verlander. Nice job managing Yost.)

Draft saved Draft deleted