1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verlander buys the cow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 2, 2016.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That's sort of the definition of "inside joke," no?

TigerVols likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The one thread where you could mock a woman for "parading her tits around" to be successful and you miss the opportunity? You must feel so ashamed.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just wait until he finds out Hawaii is 15 minutes from Tahoe.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh, so this is the thread for carte blanche? Where boys can be all grab-ass? Another hypocrite.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I wasn't using the royal "you" in my post. When I said "you," I meant you, CD Boogie, specifically. I just figured you would be upset that you missed another opportunity to spew some misogynistic bullshit. No other poster to my knowledge has a hard time respecting a woman who wears less than a conservative business suit.

6. CD Boogie

And you still don't understand my point. It's not how I perceive them, but the majority of society. Me explaining that line of thinking doesn't mean I'm of that line; but keep hammering away with your preconceived notions. I'll be looking for your post on how Verlander was initially attracted to Upton for her brain.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the Inside Joke Invitational has a new clubhouse leader!

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't think this was possible, but CD Boogie is like Zag, *without* the humor.

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

"Nolan made a name bc she paraded her tits around on YouTube before going to FoxSports to talk at midnight to drunken college kids"

Sure sounds your perception of a woman's success, not society's.

But since I'm still not understanding your point, I'll refrain from engaging you any further for fear that I could become so hopelessly confused that I forget my own name.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This isn't Russia. ... Is this Russia?

11. CD Boogie

The point is that you PC gnomes went ballistic when I made a comment about Nolan building her brand due in large part to her looks, and then like the hypocrites you are sit here and make a thread about Upton and how she was basically bought -- a cow -- for her looks. But yeah, you were joking and I was being full-on serious...

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd pay to be inside that joke... but not as much as Justin is paying.

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted