1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verizon FiOS or Comcast Digital?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by part-timer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. part-timer

part-timer Member

I am in the process of moving and the neighborhood I am moving to is wired for both the FiOS and Comcast Digital. I have Comcast currently and don't mind it, although it is a tad pricey. Is it worth it to jump to Verizon with its bundle deal or keep with Comcast?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My parents have FiOS and love it.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just looked at the FiOS stuff, because it's not available in our area yet. And the selection and price looks fantastic.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you are a big uploader/downloader, go with FiOS. Friend of mine who does a lot of uploading/downloading of music tracks said that Comcast just cut the monthly bandwidth allowance to 250gb. That's much more than many of us will use in a year, just sayin'.

5. part-timer

part-timer Member

The FiOS TV is available, not the Internet. I guess that's the other part of the equation: Is Verizon's DSL worth it if I get the package?

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Comcast will profoundly disappoint you. Do not get it.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Call Comcast and tell them you're thinking of switching. It'll suddenly become a lot less pricey.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    We got six months of the highest speed Comcast offers with a lil bickering of our past service. Gotta love the no contract par of the deal.

Then again, Comcast basically has a monopoly in my neck of the woods.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've had FIOS for 18 months. I like and they have taking steps to improve a lot of the stuff surrounding the cable package (searching, On Demand). I still think that it was not as easy to use as my Time Warner cable, but the price is great.

Draft saved Draft deleted