1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vehicle explosion in Nashville; police call it ‘intentional’ act

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 25, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Merry fucking Christmas.

Police say an explosion in downtown Nashville early Christmas morning that shattered storefronts and left at least three people hospitalized with noncritical injuries “appears to have been an intentional act.”

Authorities were called to the area around 6 a.m. local time to respond to a report of a suspicious vehicle outside the AT&T office building, the tallest skyscraper in the state, Metro Nashville Police Department spokesperson Don Aaron said in a morning news conference.

After checking out the vehicle, the officer who responded “had reason to call our hazardous devices unit,” Aaron said.

The blast went off around 6:30 a.m. local time, according to police, smashing windows, signs and garage doors along a block in the city’s Arts District and sending a plume of bright orange flames into the sky.
    So far, that’s the entire story. More to come, obv.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/12/25/nashville-explosion-christmans/

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I hope the TBI/FBI do not fall into the trap of immediately assuming Muslims or leftist terrorists did this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Can’t be. They’re smarter than blowing something up at 6:30 AM when no one is around.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The first of many such acts that lead to martial law?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet that said a prosecutor’s office was nearby and damaged. I wonder if that was the target.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Proud Boys false flag operation?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Looks like the work of Humbugs.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was hoping that it was a propane tank-powered RV explosion in the tightest urban canyon in downtown Nashville.
    I suppose not.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Covered and Earth Liberation Front arson on Christmas Day one year. There was one arson inspector on the scene and maybe one police car at the scene. Yeah, this doesn't smell like Iran or international terror, if you get my drift. Unless it was near the "secret offices' of the CIA's Nashville bureau. An RV? please.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The timing certainly seems to hint that mass casualties were not the goal of this explosion. More likely the motive is to send a message.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Right. While I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Iran would set off a bomb in downtown Nashville, I would think they would’ve done it a few blocks over in front of the world headquarters of the Southern Baptist convention.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted