1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VCU's goin' dancin'!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lone star scribe, Mar 9, 2009.

1. The Rams take out everybody's favorite Cinderella of three years ago, George Mason, 71-50 in the final of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament at the Richmond Coliseum.

Congrats, Moddy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Crap. I thought Hofstra was in the final.

Hi, BYH!

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No, but George Mason was!

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bet Moddy has some dancing shoes somewhere in that closet.

Followed very closely by those shoes good for digging in and hoping Anthony Grant continues to work the recruiting trails and bench for that school.

Nice work, VCU.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hofstra has basketball, now?

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Just got home from the game. Damn. Larry Sanders. 20 rebounds. That kid is outstanding. For locals who know the crappy Coliseum, I don't think I've ever seen that place more packed. Or more fun. The game was a pleasure to witness, being a VCU fangirl. Brought my elderly dad with me. He was chanting with the best of them. So wonderful. What a night. And Anthony Grant just exudes charisma, even from 30 rows up...he will not be long for this small, but special school.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

At what new school?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I can't see the Fightin' Moddies getting higher than an 11 seed. That's where they took out Duke a few years ago, so they could have luck there.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So how was Moddy growing up? Any good stories?

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

In the interest of good sportsmanship and classiness ...

HA HA HA HA HA HA SUCK IT MASON ENJOY UR NIT OPENER AT DAVIDSON

... that felt good.

Grant's rumored for Alabama, though he can probably choose from whatever he wants if the Rams make a decent NCAA run. Depending on upsets, they might have played their way up to a 12. And with two more years of Larry Sanders, they aren't falling off the CAA leaderboard for a while.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

More work for Moddy! :D

12. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

You're still here after the last time? Good thing he'll be in a good mood when he sees this ... ;)

Congrats, Moddy! Maynor = money on that first-half scoring run. And congrats to good guy John Brannen, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted