1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van Halen: Michael Anthony out. Wolfgang IN???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mateo, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

He has on a few occasions.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Now.....do they take Wolfgang to a babysitters while uncle Alex and daddy are at the afterparty.

Michael Anthony kicked ass.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Does Wolfie use the Jack Daniel's bass?

Discuss....

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Eddie Van Halen made some similar comments a few months ago when he was on Howard Stern....that's where he also said he beat cancer through some oddball therapy he couldn't discuss, and he didn't get cancer from years of chain smoking, but from the metal pickups on his guitar. The whole thing was unhinged and made him sound nutty. Michael Anthony is a great bass player and his background vocals helped out with Van Halen's sound...without him, and with a washed-up Diamond Dave and a crazy-ass EVH, the tour doesn't seem appealing.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Nothing's unexpected with this rollercoaster band. First album still rocks.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Michael Anthony was never a reason to see VH in my book. He's good, but I'd much rather have someone like Stu Hamm or Billy Sheehan with VH. Sheehan played in DLR's solo band (Steve Vai on guitar too). Last I saw Anthony was guest starring with Hagar on a recent tour swing on the West Coast.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

My buddy took a swig of Anthony's Jack during a show in Groton in 1993. Pretty cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted