1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van de Velde Alert (or 2012 Golf thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

....and Watson had less than 60 yards in, smack assed in the middle.

Hole was like 410 or something like that.

I just remember Poulter playing his second from a fairway trap from 110 or something.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Watching The Golf Channel's Round 1 Replay.

Hole 3: 554 yards.

Woodland hits it 356; Has 198 left..

And is out driven.

One of my best friends played a group behind him in the Kansas Amateur several years ago, and he said it was bizarre to see where he was hitting from.

(From Greenbrier last year.)

Driver......Iron ....Putt.....Eagle........608 yards

Stop it.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Daly finishes with 67 to finish in 4th in Qatar.

Oh, I have now added attending the shenanigans at the 16th hole on Saturday at Phoenix to my bucket list.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Got to say, I'm damn impressed that Kyle Stanley is in the hunt on Sunday again this week. That would seem to be a sign of a real pro.

5. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Levin on the verge on pulling a Kyle Stanley.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Go if you wish, but don't look for me. It's the worst thing in golf.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Unless Levin holes out from the fairway on 18 -- over. What a great story and comeback for Stanley.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Levin is one of those guys -- so far -- who's very good at leading Friday and Saturday but not so much on Sunday. He's also a chippy little twerp.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Very happy for Stanley. His emotion in the interview with Kostis at the end was moving. Levin has the worst swing of a contender, so quick on the transition from backswing, he looks like he's bailing out. Bad attitude as well.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Explain.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I don't mind the grandstands and hospitality tents surrounding the hole, although it would be better if it were a natural amphitheater surrounding the hole, but the setting is different enough that it's OK one time a year. The yelling and screaming has never done anything for me. I spent half a day at the 16th hole a few years ago; couldn't wait to get out of there.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What was cool was on Sat. I saw someone ask for the cheering and he hit during the cheers. A great contrast to the everyday quiet required. Wish I could remember who it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted