1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaginas are vulgar! (thread SFW)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Remember all the "Hoohah" about The Vagina Monologues being displayed on a Florida theatre's marquee? Well, there's another attention whore -- this time it's a guy -- who has decided to make an ass out of himself over it.

“I objected to the V-word on the marquee,” Roberts said. “I consider it vulgar and in bad taste.”

This guy resigned from the theatre's board because they would not entertain his motion to remove the title from the marquee.

More from the article:

Here's a link to the entire story. The board's chairman is named Kenny Rambo. I'm sure there's a First Blood/Vagina Monologues joke to be made, but I'll let someone else do it for now.

Before I step down from the soapbox, let me say this. If you find the correct term for a human body part to be "vulgar" or "offensive" then you should lose the right to ever use said part or touch another person's said part. Ever. No exceptions.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Somehow, I think that's an empty punishment for this dude. The last vagina he touched was made of latex or he pulled out of his pocket.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What a pussy.

(Yeah, I know, I know, Luggies, but I had to say it) :D

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, personally, I think anyone named Butt or Butts should be forced to change their name

And Yahoo seems to have found a suitable v-alternative:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_on_sc/bronx_beaver

The link on their home page reads 'Beaver spotted in NYC for the first time in 200 years'.

Is this true nySportsJournalists.com? No wonder you guys can be so crusty at times....

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I shudder at the word spleen. So if I can't ever touch anyone's spleen, I'll deal with it in my own way.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Why not rename it "Va-Jay-Jay Monologues"?

I'm sure Oprah and Jim Thome would attend a showing. (Anyone see that clip of Oprah's TV show with Thome in the audience?)

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Buzzcut: So, Beavis and Butt-head, I understand Mr. McVicker has made a little arrangement with you guys. Yeah, a little probation. You see, class, Beavis and Butt-head here are not allowed to laugh for a whole week. That's right, and if they do laugh they'll be expelled, and they'll have to go to Hope High School where they'll get their asses kicked on a daily basis by all the other delinquents.
    [Buzzcut and the other students laugh; Beavis and Butt-head try to hold it in]
    Buzzcut: Well, I was real glad to hear that, because this is sex education week. That's right, sex ed week. We're gonna be talkin' about the PENIS! We'll be talkin' about the VAGINA! Do you think that's funny, Butt-head? Do you find it amusing that we'll be talkin' about the TESTICLES? Yes, we're also gonna be talkin' about VENEREAL DISEASE! SEXUAL INTERCOURSE! And ... we will definitely be spending a lot of time talking about MASTURBATION! (Class laughs.) Now that that's taken care, of let's take roll! Butt-Kiss!
    Butkus: Here. Ha ha ha!
    Buzzcut: Gaylord! Hyman!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8227809435009919594&q=beavis+and+butthead+no+laughing. The above takes place about 5:25 in.

9. tommyp

tommyp Member

I've seen a beaver once, I think. But nowhere near NYC. Was born in Manhattan, reared on Long Island.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The should call it "The Vijay Monologues," starring Vijay Singh and Annika Sorenstam.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If William Buckley starred in it, would we call it The Vagina Monotones?

Draft saved Draft deleted