1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Va Tech Shooter sends "images, letter" to NBC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Apr 18, 2007.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I think the important question to ask now is who the photographer was. On some level that person would have to be complicit in this crime -- doesn't seem like they were taken by Cho with a timer.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wow.

The last picture.....check......all of them are chilling to the bone.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's why I was asking if the stills were taken Monday.

That said, he could have had a camera on a timer, easily.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why not?

Or, if it was taken by someone, maybe that person was killed Monday as well.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It took him two hours to take the photos and get the package ready to send. He could have very well done it himself.

6. MSNBC is doing a very gingerly job handling this. Tucker seems mystified.

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It would appear those who speculated about molestation may have been correct. From this piece of crap's letter to NBC as quoted on MSNBC.com ...

“I didn’t have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled. But no, I will no longer run. It’s not for me. For my children, for my brothers and sisters that you [molest] — I did it for them,” Cho says on one of the videos.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought the brothers/sisters rant was generally aimed at society.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

NBC News President Steve Capus said the network received the package, which was not addressed to a specific person, in Tuesday afternoon’s mail delivery, but it was not opened until Wednesday morning. The network immediately turned the materials over to FBI agents in New York.

Immediately? If that's true, how come we are looking at them on msnbc.com? Did the FBI release them? Or did NBC "immediately" turn them over to the FBI only after scanning them into its computers? What am I missing here? I've been out all day and just learning about this.

10. Simon_Cowbell

yes

11. Simon_Cowbell

Amazing that this looney toon thought (properly as it turned out) that he could spend two hours after a multiple homicide mailing what had to be "not-small" packages and still waste dozens more.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I just watched the news with Brian Williams.

I thought NBC did the right thing and showed restraint.

Everything from Williams's tone to the advisories to the acknowledgements of how upsetting this must be for the families of the victims.

His tone was just as he delivers the news every night. It was not excited or "look at what we got!"

Draft saved Draft deleted