1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Va Tech Shooter sends "images, letter" to NBC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Damn, those are chilling photos they're showing on NBC right now.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is some chilling, chilling shit.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Is that photo taken from the day of the shooting?

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

BYH beat me to it: Some chilling shit indeed.

FYI, it's the same with FedEx on Zip Codes. All that automated sorting equipment. You better get it right the first time.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Why does it seem like not only did this kid take 32 lives but we're allowing him to get the last word?

Wow.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just so we are clear.....

There are many, many people in this country who are that deeply angry and resentful.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NBC showing multiple photos, including killer pointing gun directly into camera.

Could have done without that one.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My mom and I were talking and she said every picture she had seen of him from middle school on showed him as visibly angry.

She's a teacher and is not afraid to send information about visibly angry kids to child services to see if there is a reason for it. She said, "I just don't understand how someone can not see the anger in this child and be alarmed by it."

9. Dignan

Dignan Guest

In a couple of the photos NBC showed, he was smiling and looked like a happy, normal person. Bizarre.

10. this is some scary-ass bone-chilling shit.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife and I were talking about that. It's definitely an interesting question, and you can't expect NBC not to revel in it. Next up: several Datelines.

But...if it provides a window into evil, and how fucked in the head this kid was as he plotted his massacre, isn't it newsworthy?

I'd agree if someone thought it was exploitative. But I think it is newsworthy, as sick as it is.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Does that say something about different news judgements?

Draft saved Draft deleted