1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Va Tech Shooter sends "images, letter" to NBC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

*rim shot*

2. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

This strikes me as odd..
    But why does a guy who - reportedly - hardly ever talked, and had no friends.....have a cell phone?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

To call home?

4. KnuteRockne

KnuteRockne Member

Ha! That's exactly her. Oprah, the star of 9/11, AIDS in Africa, the Don Imus controversy and now the VaTech shooting.

I'm sure she'll cry multiple times today, too, on cue.

She makes my skin crawl.

5. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Chris Matthews just complimented the NBC reporter who "broke the story" about the packages. How is that breaking a story? Guy just picked up the mail.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You're talking about TV.

7. ESPN picked up the mail first....

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If this kid was molested or assaulted at some point I think that needs to be mentioned. My girlfriend worked with special ed children and is convinced this kid was assaulted/raped in his adolescent years, citing that the kids that she's worked with that are violent, 9 times out of 10, are abused in some way. Does it justify his actions? Ohh fuck no. But it might help add up two plus two considering the guy was writing screenplays about pedophile stepdads and has some sort of vendetta against rich kids. Again, not looking to make him the victim. Just looking for the complete story.

9. BYM --
    Your calm, reasoned questioning is guaranteed to start the screeching in the monkeyhouse.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What the hell is up with this place this week? yesterday I'm told I made a "good point." Now I'm being calm and reasoned. This buzz on this can't end soon enough so I can go back to posting Wlat pictures.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm with you. His particular brand of insanity seems trivial.

We go to war to keep one madman from WMD (Saddam), but we pass laws in this country to assure others will have them.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Am I bad person for laughing at that?

Draft saved Draft deleted