1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Va Tech Shooter sends "images, letter" to NBC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

MORE: NBC News says the materials from the gunman were sent between the first and second shootings.

BREAKING NEWS
    By Alex Johnson

MSNBC
    Updated: 1 minute ago
    BLACKSBURG, Va. -

Sometime after he killed two people in a dormitory but before he slaughtered 30 more in a classroom building Monday morning, Cho Seung-Hui sent NBC News a rambling communication and videos about his grievances, the network said Wednesday.

Network officials turned the material over to the FBI and said they would not immediately disclose its contents pending the agency’s review beyond characterizing the material as “disturbing.” It included a written communication, photographs and video.

The network said it would release a statement shortly.

Cho, 23, a senior English major at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, killed 32 people in two separate attacks Monday before taking his own life.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fox is reporting that NBC believes that the package was sent during the two hours between the shootings.

3. If this story gets any weirder, somebody's going to sell tickets.

4. Dignan

Dignan Guest

There is now speculation that he could have taken pictures of the first victims. Ugh ...

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

People are saying on Fox that they think other networks will receive the packages as well, but that NBC just happened to be the first to receive theirs.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

efin' oprah and her columbine guest are trying to get us to focus on the victims and their lives, not the gunman.

what senseless crap! i'm all for learning about the victims and heroes, but the more we learn about this sick bastard, the more we'll be equipped to handle repeats, no?

all of oprah's cute sayings aren't worth a crap if we are to learn from this awful piece of history. :( :'( :eek:

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that he used to freak people out on campus by taking their pictures with his cell phone.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Right. Fox just doesn't want to be left out.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Apparently, Cho was caught on camera at one point. CNN just showed video, but I don't know if it was from the day of the shooting or if it was just from security video or something.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The only thing worth learning about the gunman is the weapon he used to kill 32. I could really care less about the pyschology of the issue in terms of the tragedy. He was nuts. We know this. Lots of people are. Instead of trying to figure out who they all are and what they believe about the world, let's just take away their personal weapon of mass destruction. It's really not that complicated. It just happens to be very inconvenient.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did she reveal yet how she now remembers when she was young that she was the victim of a mass shooting?

12. I wondered about that, since it was an engineering building, where there must have been labs and stuff. Colleges usually set up cameras around those. (There are dozens of cameras all over MIT, for example.)

Draft saved Draft deleted