1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

V-Day on a budget....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Unless it takes a while. Then?
    Threesome!

2. lono

lono Active Member

FJ: Roll the chocolate-covered strawberries in powdered sugar. He will be yours forever.

Trust me on this one. :D

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Strawberries in powdered sugar are the best things ever ever ever.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Advice to the ladies: naked don't cost a thing. :)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Super Nintendo. I'm hanging out with Pat and Vanna, and I'm gonna win me the grand prize.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

No, no, GIVE the flowers.

FUCK the lady!

Geez. no wonder you don't have one.

7. Single and working ... sounds like a cheap way to spend V-Day.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'll probably spend more money Saturday grabbing a dinner between games and running a couple errands than I would have if I had a valentine.

That said, it would either be a homemade meal with strawberries and chocolate dipping sauce (good call, FJ) and a fire in the fireplace and/or dinner at this cute BYOB (bringing the cheap wine!) jazz club I dig. Of course, the date I'd like to take isn't nearby, so ... off to work and errands for ducky. :p

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think I'll panhandle after my rousing game of Wheel of Fortune. I'm going to make money this Valentine's Day.

10. KG

KG Active Member

V-day will mark our 12th anniversary, but we had to nix our plans. I really wasn't looking forward to waiting for a table on v-day in the metro area anyway. I'd love to be going somewhere for the weekend with him, but other family things are taking financial precedence. I'm sure we'll cook something nice at home and then snuggle up for the evening together.

I think we had so much fun with the v-day party we did for the little ones at church that it more than makes up for not going out on the actual day. The little girl with cupcake icing ear to ear made my whole week. She's the cutest and funniest little bugger you've ever seen.

11. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

I'm in danger of being laid off sometime this year. If the wife wants anything for this bullshit holiday, she can get the second job to pay for it.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

And they say romance is dead ... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted