1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UW-Whitewater coach bans student reporters from interviewing coaches, players

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Gutter, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At the very least, don't name yourself after Dr Pepper's retarded bastard brother born of the Aristocrat scotch-driven one-night rage fuck between high fructose corn syrup and epic fail.

Dr. Thunder. Even Mr. Pibb won't return his calls.

2. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"truly absurd accusation" isn't a denial.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I predict a great future in sports talk radio for this punk.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Eh, figures. It's been deleted.

So much for showing up late to the party.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Deleted my two posts pleading with this guy to take a look -- goodness, that stayed up for a while.

I think we're all in agreement that we wanted to help that guy out.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It stayed up as long as you folks left it up - wasn't up to us to delete this stuff. He wants to post something foolish like that, it's his business. He didn't violate any board rules.
    It was a very interesting post.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

A non-denial denial?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A professional journalist knows what not to shut up about.

The post in question wasn't journalism. It was giving vent to spleen.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not saying it should have been pulled at all.

I was hoping this person, if it really *was* him, would see what he posted and pull it quicker.

Hate to a guy shoot off his toes out of emotion...

A few years back, a guy was working off-air at a Milwaukee TV station. He beat the odds, hundreds of tapes, and was offered the job as on-air sports reporter. It was a coup...

...until his blog was discovered where he wrote about the negotiations, called the previous sports reporter a "no talent, @$$ clown" and also wrote of what the previous guy made.

The "scandal of the summer" among the chattering TV sports media types. How a guy could go from off-air to landing a coveted gig...only to mess it up because he wouldn't take his blog down once he was a serious "player" in the search.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, it's one thing to call your competition a no talent assclown. Quite another to offer public criticism of a public figure whom you cover, though I agree with Forever_Town that there was some spleen venting there.

Draft saved Draft deleted