1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UT to fan: You cheer too much!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/govols/article/0,1406,KNS_294_5015468,00.html (via The Obscure Store) (includes picture, video, and audio)

Caldwell, a first-time season ticket holder, said UT's Bill Higdon called her at home and said other fans had complained about her.

Their complaint? She cheers too much.

"I thought he was kidding," was her first response when requested to "tone it down."

Her next response: "I didn't have any words. I was shocked.

"I couldn't believe Tennessee was calling their fans and telling them not to cheer excessively."

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Since they are taking complaints:

Can the band stop playing Rocky Top so damn much?

And can we finally get rid of the orange checkerboard end zone?

Thanks.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Watched the video.

How did this woman have enough brain cells to reach the age of 40?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And for once, can the Volunteer Navy DRIVE to a game?

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

This is the person that Adams brought into the press box, using one of his paper's game credentials. Was it necessary for him to do that to write this story? Did he screw up by doing that?

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Just read the story. Typical.

'Pay them back!'

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wouldnt want to sit next to her, but she'd fit right in in Knoxville

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't know if he screwed up.

But what strikes me is, if she was able to have enough decorum to be in the press box, why couldn't she use just a little bit of it to not be totally obnoxious in the stands?

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

If she wasn't wearing the wrong color of orange and cheering for that other UT, I'd swear this woman stands behind me DKR-Memorial Stadium.

Seriously, where do these people come from?

10. I think it's fucking hilarious that Adams did that. Probably wrong, but hilarious. Does anyone have a link to the story he wrote about her sitting in the press box?

And I'm far from a fan of Tennessee, but what rules has this woman broken? As long as she's not using profanity or abusing other fans (verbally or physically), doesn't she have a right to act like a complete nutbag if she wants?

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

colonel, haven't you ever sat behind the wacko at a concert who insists on standing for the ENTIRE show, which means YOU have to stand for the entire show, which means 200 more people behind you have to stand for the entire show (some of whom are blaming you for this)?

Even at events where you're supposed to enjoy yourself, you're supposed to show some consideration for those around you.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In all honesty, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was about Texas and that total ass-whip, Matthew McConnaughey.

Draft saved Draft deleted