1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Using Hotmail? Change your password.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 5, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bingo! (And this is for BYH!!)

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Should I forward my Hotmail to my Prodigy account then?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just have not found any reason to change my e-mail account.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome. That's the second reference I've seen today to Prodigy. (Hi Sonner you are a bitch!)

And no. You should forward it to your compuserve account. :D

5. JackReacher

God, you suck. Next, you're going to tell me you've never had a cell phone. Or cable TV. :)

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you're not on a rotary dial, you're an asshole.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm the firestarter, twisted firestarter.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I know I created my hotmail address when I was still in college, and I graduated in 1997. I also remember using it around Christmas, so it could have been as early as late 1995.

Don't know if I want to change it or not.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What about those callers who are on a party line?

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Talk about a flashback. My parents had a party line. It was linked to the neighbor — not right next door, but two doors down for whatever reason. I remember that like it was yesterday.

And, again, for whatever reason, my inlaws STILL have a rotary phone!

As for hotmail, I got my in 1997, too. I still have it. I use it for my MSN Messenger. But when I moved across the country in 2002, I thought I'd be clever and include my new geographical location in my new hotmail address.

Then, in 2004. I moved.

Morale (/crossthread) of the story? Don't include geography/city/state in your email addy if you plan on moving. You just look like an idiot when you have to answer "but I thought you live in Podunk?"

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I have a Hotmail addy that I signed on for in 1996. Don't use it much, but I do check it a couple times a month - plus it comes in handy for those times you need to sign up for something and give an e-mail address.

Thanks for the heads-up, 2MCM. Done and done.

12. JackReacher

My wife still has a hotmail account, but I turned her on to Gmail maybe a year ago. She still checks her hotmail every now and then, but she mainly uses Gmail.

This discussion pops up on here every so often, but I maintain that Gmail pwns every other e-mail provider.

Draft saved Draft deleted