1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US troops killed in Afghanistan chopper crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Aug 6, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice timing by SNL tonight, showing a rerun where the opening was... yes... the CNN/Obama skit from killing Bin Laden...

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Well, now we're back to rescue again as the story. And the mission was competed and on the way back is the latest version. At least we don't get the feeling they left some poor trapped Rangers pinned down and didn't know what happened to them.

From AP.....The rescue team had completed the mission, subduing the attackers who had the Rangers pinned down, and were departing in their Chinook helicopter when the aircraft was apparently hit, one of the officials said.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Amen to all that.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have good news to report.

I have a college buddy who watched the entire episode. He was approximately 500 meters away from the RPG shooter. It was, in fact, shot down by an RPG.

He said he then watched the RPG shooter take a Hellfire missile to the face.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This sounds gruesome. Remains are still unidentified.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This asshole is saying that the SEALs were murdered by their own government:

http://www.barnhardt.biz/

7. YankeeFan

She blogs about that on the website if her commodities brokerage firm? That's nuts.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's also a video of her burning a Koran (which she has bookmarked with bacon), setting off her smoke alarm in the process.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

She also believes Bin Laden was never in the compound, the Seals were murdered to cover this up, etc., etc.

Definitely shows the type of judgment and reasoning I'd want in a person handling my millions.

10. That 1 Guy

That 1 Guy Member

"I am not a conspiracy theorist," she wrote.
    Yes, yes you are.
    And I'm sure this woman has a whole other can of crazy waiting to be opened up. I kinda want to email her and see if I can help open it.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I can tell she doesn't manage much money just by looking at the design of her crappy website. Conspiracy theorist don't like to spend the dough for a good web designer.

12. YankeeFan

I agree. I'm sure she has some customers -- friends and family. Some farmers she knows from home.

Even the picture of her "office" is a home.

She sounds like a bored, paranoid housewife with a couple of customers.

Draft saved Draft deleted