1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Senate still up for grabs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tommyp, Nov 8, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

With SC and friends in the audience.

Sadly, however, we got a long, winding tale from a drunken Eddie that somehow connected his new baby to Tester. Bizarre, but not as bizarre as seeing Tester in his flat top, cowboy boots, tie and jacket on stage with Eddie and Jeff.

2. So, s-chick --
    Is Tester as cool as Schweitzer, or did Schwietzer pull him over the finish line?

3. sportschick

Tester is nowhere near as cool as Schweitzer (who, next to Obama, is my fav politician at the moment). Schweitzer pushed him over the finish line. When Tester couldn't bring himself to go negative on Burns (totally not Tester's style) in the waning days of the campaign, Schweitzer did it for him.

Schweitzer could be president, if national Dems could get past the fact he's from a small state and an NRA member.

4. FWIW, Howard Dean also is a governor from a small state and an NRA member.

5. sportschick

And obsessed with his dog. Takes his border collie everywhere, to work, to events, etc.

And we all know how Dean's presidential campaign wound up. Not that I think Schweitzer would pull a scream, but . . .

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I didn't watch Webb's speech, but I would have had the kid that Allen called "macaca" introduce him. Just to rub it in.

Draft saved Draft deleted