1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Open running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Anybody else watching Agassi and Pavel go blow for blow? Could be a classic in the making, especially if it ends up being Agassi's swan song. First two sets have both gone to a tie breakwith both of them splitting.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

A great match so far, but Agassi is getting run over in the fourth set. This might be it.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pretty sure this is only the third set, but nevertheless he is getting run over in it.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Third set, according to my TV screen.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Agassi is in serious trouble. So much for the long goodbye.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If he loses, at least that will be a quick end to the video montages and syrupy columns.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

A loss today doesn't mean it's over. He'll get a mention tomorrow and god help us if it rains during the tournament at all because we'll get another big dose of it.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You were saying? ... Agassi just broke serve for 4-4 in the third.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I like this official review thing ... if only the NFL was that quick.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Geez, I'm beginning to think Pavel will wind up forfeiting this match because of the shits his upset stomach.

11. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This is beautiful, great drama. Poor Pavel is playing against a NY crowd that won't shut up. No wonder he's popping antacid during changeovers.
    And Agassi is one athlete who deserves all those syrupy columns. His legacy and growth as a person deserves to be praised. It's just a pity the ceremony for Billie Jean King will get buried.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Is anyone else concerned about the terrorist looking guy sitting behind what I think is Agassi's coach?

Draft saved Draft deleted