1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US men's basketball team loses Pan Am game to Uruguay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Its cool that they're trying to send a real team to be the USA rep, but honestly, couldn't they've found a more talented team to do it than Northern Iowa? There weren't ANY major conf schools that we're willing to give it a shot? When NIU gets crushed people are gonna claim "the experiment failed" when likely we just sent the wrong team.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Do you watch college basketball? Do you really think the shot is treated as if it doesn't exist in the college game? Hell, Jay Wright's own team was bombing their way to the Elite 8 a few years ago.

I think the bigger problem is USA basketball doesn't do a good enough job putting the team together and picking enough shooters. That may have been your point, and if it is clearly I agree. I just don't think the shot is ignored by American coaches.

Draft saved Draft deleted