1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Gold in Olympics or NBA championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gold, Aug 18, 2008.

?

If a magic genie gave you a choice, which would you pick?

1. Olympic Gold in Men's Basketball for USA

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Your Favorite NBA Team winning the NBA Title

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One thing I will say about this USA Olympic team is that they are playing basketball at a level that I do not think has been done before. I am thankful for that.

They are not whipping crappy teams, and to be honest, I think this is a perfect storm of players for the USA. I don't think we will have this same level of hoops for the next 2-3 Olympics.

Coach K deserves a ton of credit right now.

I also love seeing an NBA game called by decent refs. These guys are 10x better than what we get in the NBA right now.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Considering the US is expected to win every time, it's not overly meaningful when they do. It is overly embarrassing when they don't.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He does. Absolutely.

Much as I hate the man for coaching Puke, he's managed to command the respect of NBA superstars and get them to play as a TEAM. It's not a collection of all stars. It's a team.

That, and beating up on the Spains, the Greeces and the Germanys of the world the way the 1992 Dream Team beat up on Angola is breathtaking.

I'd even be nervously optimistic about their chances against Lithuania.

Draft saved Draft deleted