1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Attorneys Canned, Part Trois

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is the selective memory for which some of the more partisan people in here seem to use when it comes to their level of moral outrage for things like abuse of office and power (I know, I know Slick Willy never did), missing memo's, lying under oath, protecting and covering your own ass.......

The same people who spent the 1990's apologizing for and/or rationalizing said behaviour from the Oval Office has suddenly had a spiritual awakening and has decided to be outraged by it.

It is hypocrisy of the highest order.....

And the point of my posts was that Fenian, who is the ultimate "hear no evil, see no evil democrat apologist", asked me for examples so I provided a few. I could continue to go on citing examples, using a different name in each post -- likely until tomorrow morning -- but I'm sure you'd like to be spared from that exercise.

2. zagoshe

I didn't validate anything because I didn't say a word about blow jobs. Your post was merely a pre-emptive strike just to be able to say "I told you so" because you and the other lefties around here know deep down how full of shit you are with this whole "outrage" over perceived misconduct and missing memos.

3. zagoshe

Paging Susan McDougal, Come In Susan......

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For the hard of thinking:

Nothing Sandy Berger took is "missing" because he only took COPIES of documents.

Still illegal . . . but nothing is missing.

Thousands of Rove e-mails are missing.

Big difference.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I know, but I had to do the joke anyway.
    Don't say I'm hard of thinking because it doesn't fit your agenda.

6. zagoshe

Hair meet axe.....Hair meet axe.....Hair meet axe.....

7. There is not a single document missing from the National Archives -- not the WH, foof -- as a result of anything Sandy Berger did. Period. The documents are still there. What he did was take some to make copies -- stupid, and a criminal misdemeanor.
    The billing records -- oh, you just knew he'd go there -- were found, intact, and confirmed what HRC said at her press conference about the work she did for Madison. How do I know? Two special prosecutors told me so.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Who is acting more "outraged" on this thread, you or me?

9. Point of Order

So who do you think will win the '08 election, Giuliani? Romney?

10. zagoshe

I'm not outraged, I'm just amazed at how pathetically partisan and blindly loyal to your political party hypocrtical some of you are.

And the lengths that Fenian will go to split hairs, revise history and/or rationalize certain behaviours in order to preserve his hero Slick Willy's legacy while also enabling him to act morally outraged at George W. for many of the same things never ceases to amaze me.

Like this whole nonsense about "He didn't steal a file, he borrowed a file, illegally copied it and then returned, which is different than stealing it." ::)

11. Point of Order

So, as someone who's not pathetically partisan and blindly loyal to your political party, what do you think of the current US Attorney Scandal, or do you think it is a scandal at all?

What do you think of the propriety of the White House's relationship with the Justice Department?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"behaviours"? Damn, another Canadian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.