1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Airways to start charging for drinks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 21, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/95048

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

So you're prevented from carrying on a bottle of water, and now they're going to charge you for it?

I can't wait for someone to suffer from horrible dehydration and sue the hell out of them.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

They just don't get it.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who says you can't carry on a bottle of water? I do it on every flight I'm on.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You can carry on water, sure, but you can't bring your own through security. I think that was the point.

6. imjustagirl

But you can buy it once you get through security. And you get a 20-ouncer then, instead of the can they'll sell you on the plane.

Much better deal.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, that was my point, but IJAG also makes a solid point.

Still, I think it's stupid.

8. imjustagirl

Oh, undeniably stupid. Since they're paying probably no more than $.10 a can for those, and charging that much of a markup.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Bring your own bottle and fill it up at the fountain before boarding.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

As the Baltimore Sun story (linked from that blog) said, US Airways is truly grasping at straws.

Much worse than $2 a drink is $25 to $50 booking fees for frequent-flyer award tickets. That's pure larceny, taking the "free" out of the free ticket.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There are few things on Earth more frustratingly stupid than American air travel.

12. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

It might be a better deal, but still costs more than this shit you can bring from home or buy from the gas station near the airport.

Draft saved Draft deleted