1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urgh! A Music War

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://lostturntable.blogspot.com/

The above site has provided the public service of posting mp3s of every song on the soundtrack to Urgh! A Music War, a 1981 concert film of underground and New Wave acts that is IMPOSSIBLE to find. It was on VHS, then deleted, and never put on DVD. The original 27-song album was cut to 21 songs for the CD, and that's hard to find, too. I have the original album, but not the video.

The guy even found a way to put up a few tracks that are in the movie but didn't make it to the soundtrack.

The live version include everything from the Police to the Go-Gos to Oingo Boingo to Skafish to the Cramps to X to Klaus Nomi to Wall of Voodoo to Devo to Magazine to Gary Numan to... you get the idea. All incredible stuff. Even the song by Robert Fripp's wife, Toyah Willcox.

Do yourself a favor -- go there, hit Save Link As..., and enjoy the many seconds of pleasure.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sorry, mods, I mistakenly posted this in Sports and News. Could you please move? Thanks.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This IS news. Music news. Keep it here.

4. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

I actually have it on beta of all things. Always remember the footage of Echo and the Bunnymen, Dead Kennedys and the Surf Punks.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought this might be a Biggie-Tupac thread. Sigh.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The one thing I couldn't get to load was Echo and the Bunnymen's "The Puppet." Everything else loaded just fine.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Delighted to find a rare Cramps tune here. I've seen them twice - one of the most entertaining live bands EVER.
    As someone once described Lux Interior's stage persona, "He wants sex, lots of it, and he wants it now." And Poison Ivy (Mrs. Lux) gets frightening noise out of a guitar bigger than she is.

Draft saved Draft deleted