1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I like Shaw as well but don't think that he has the offensive mind that Sumlin does.

Really at the end of the day it's Meyer and Saban as 1 and 1A and then a bunch of others all grouped together.
    Many very fine coaches but none on par with Meyer and Saban.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Shaw would make my top 10. I'm guessing my opinion of Jimbo Fisher is higher than most on here. I think he's done a very good job doing what is usually impossible (replacing a legendary coach), granted, he was groomed for the transition, so I think that helped.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Poor UAB.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So who will write the fictionalized version starring a tough but talented HC named Oscar Rural?

Batman likes this.
  5. RecoveringJournalist

It's really funny how things work out sometimes.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What Briles did at Baylor is pretty impressive, but I'd go back in time a decade and say Pinkel's done better...then go back another decade and say Bill Snyder has outdone them both.

7. Songbird

Let's not forget O'Leary at Central Florida. They are not very far away from being VERY good, consistently.

Watching them is like watching an NFL team in that the players are big and fast and huge and very good.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

He's building a monster down there is what I'm saying. Boise didn't do what it did overnight. It took time. I see O'Leary doing the same thing.

10. RecoveringJournalist

The job Snyder has done at K-State is an all-timer.

I remember watching K-State in college, and the difference in that team from 1992 to 1995 and then for them to actually be a national contender a few years later was just insane.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

In both directions. If he gets credit for turning SF into a Super Bowl-quality team, shouldn't he get the blame for turning them into an NFL West also-ran two seasons later?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They were 8-8 and killed by injuries. I'm not so sure they have completely turned into an also ran

Draft saved Draft deleted