1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer to, um, clean up Ohio State program?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nmmetsfan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ESPN again quotes "sources" saying there are talks. Sources? Like the guy on your fucking payroll and airwaves, you mean, those kinds of sources?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"Uh, Urban, I know you're negotiating here and all, but how about throwing us a freaking bone here..."

3. Mizzougrad96

I am going to choose to believe this until Ohio State hires someone else as its coach.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They had on the crawl yesterday: "Source tells ESPN that Bobby Valentine will interview for Red Sox managing vacancy."

Wonder who the source was!

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Well, not a shocking response. Even if "people" are working on a deal, what's he supposed to say?? Again, I'll believe it when I see him at the podium.......but does anyone really think he'd confirm anything? tOSU actually HAS a football coach & staff (today, at least), that's still trying to win a couple of games.

It's also my understanding that the position has to be opened & "posted" for 10 days, before a hire can be made. tOSU football coach isn't exempt from that. Even if it's posted the day after the Michigan game, it'll be close to mid-December before anything happens.

6. LongTimeListener

Are you sure about that? I believe hires like these have an exemption somehow.

7. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

Brooks is a sensationalist chump.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's lied through his forked tongue many times before.

Urban Meyer is a scumbag and "a bad guy."

9. Mizzougrad96

Agree on all three points.

He'll fit in well at Ohio State.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Until the next time he clutches his chest and cries angina. Strangely, right around the time multiple shits are starting to hit the fan.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've been explaining time and again to my Penn State friends who continue to masturbate to a photoshop picture of Urban on the Beaver Stadium sidelines that the guy is a bad fit for that school, and an even worse fit now with the scandal going on. With all of the negative attention PSU already has you really want that prison warden bringing in guys who will assult/drink and drive/steal/whatever the hell the way he did at Florida? Also, I don't see the next coach getting the velvet gloves treatment the Old Man got. They tried that once and look where it got them, and we all know how much Urb likes to bully the press. Just a lousy idea on all fronts.

12. LongTimeListener

And that's only the second-biggest worry tOSU administrators should have about Meyer and a six-letter word that ends in "-gina."

Draft saved Draft deleted