1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer: He gone ... sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Re: Urban Meyer: He gone

Bullshit. A "piece of shit" is a "piece of shit" no matter the color. That being said, I did none of the piling on of Henry, who seemed to have turned things around.

Nonetheless, your point is bullshit.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Moving on, gentlemen . . .

CBS afflliate in Orlando adds to the story: "A source confirmed to Local 6 sports director David Pingalore on Saturday that Florida head coach Urban Meyer, who is resigning, suffered a heart attack during the season."

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/22064093/detail.html

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I stayed away from the Henry thread for the reason I explained above. You want to make general assumptions? Fine. But don't you fucking quote my posts in doing so.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Damn, some of you people here are fucking sick. Can some of you people not grasp simple reading comprehension?

"Urban Meyer: He gone"

So here are my thoughts on Urban Meyer - here's hoping that he lives a long life still and he takes care of himself before he even things about coaching again.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to compare Meyer and Henry, I advise you to start another thread and fight among yourselves over this.

This thread is on Meyer. The Chris Henry thread is several pages down.

No one gives a shit about fucking race and bullshit right now.

A guy like Urban wouldn't walk away at the prime of his career unless something is seriously wrong.

If it's the case, then he's doing what is right for him.

This doesn't have a damn thing to do with the late Chris Henry, for some of you assholes.

6. mb

mb Active Member

That might very well be the most incorrect thing ever posted here.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Urban flight.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Not following. Do you have a likelier explanation?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kirk Herbsreit just said on ESPN it is not health related. It's just basic stress

I'm not buying "just stress," but I hope he does get better

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

And your proof that Meyer is walking away for reasons other than health issues is?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I find it hard to believe a top-flight coach would walk away if it wasn't at least potentially serious. The best coaches are serious Type-A personalities who, much like top athletes, never know when to slow down. If Meyer did walk away for that "simple" reason, that's pretty amazing.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If Florida had beaten Bama and was getting ready for the BCS national championship game would this be happening?

Draft saved Draft deleted