1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Meyer: He gone ... sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Re: Urban Meyer: He gone

I wonder if the condition with the cysts on his brain as described in S.L. Price's story a few weeks back in SI perhaps have gotten worse or it is a different issue entirely.

2. Re: Urban Meyer: He gone

I realize the body's still warm (treading carefully with the analogy, but apparently Meyer's okay), but a few thoughts on potential replacement:

What's Charlie Strong thinking?
    Mike Shanahan nearly took the UF job after Spurrier left. So maybe he's not a cinch for the Redskins after all.
    Jon Gruden apparently doesn't want to break his contract to get back in the NFL grind. But what about one of the best college jobs, near where he lives?

My, oh my, who knew Meyer would even top Spurrier in terms of shock value with his resignation.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Ditto [/charliestrong]

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's not to late! [/both their agents]

If this was something like cancer you think they'd say just to head off any speculation of something more illicit.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I just went to my Facebook "live feed" and the first 10 or so are about Urban Meyer. This is big. This is bigger than big.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's not Notre Dame big, though.

8. derwood

derwood Active Member

Huge. Nobody had any inkling of this.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Urban Meyer: He gone?

This popped up on my Twitter feed a bit ago:

RT @BFeldmanESPN: Stunned to hear #Urban Meyer resigning, altho a coach I know ran into him 2 wks ago & said he looked so gaunt he barely recognized him.

Meyer had that overnight hospital stay right after the SEC title game. Maybe the doctors found something.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Here's hoping he's OK.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

This doesn't sound good. But I hope whatever is afflicting him isn't life threatening.

And I hope this thread title doesn't take on a whole different meaning anytime soon...

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Shanahan?

Draft saved Draft deleted