1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Upscale restaurants: Not "stoner-friendly"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Nov 12, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Who wants an upscale meal when they are stoned, usually Jack in the Box, Subway or Wendy's does the trick. Hell a trip to Am/Pm usually works.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Not that I've ever smoked pot. Well, I did ... once ... but if I were a stoner, it'd be all about the Taco Bell.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Oh I forgot about them. Nice work! Taco bell only tastes good when stoned.

Wasn't there a film back in the 90's where all restaurants were Taco Bell?

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I thought this thread might be about walking out of an up-scale restaurant with a bill for about $1,200 in appetizers.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Wings ain't that expensive.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Demolition Man

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watch Repo Man stoned. Trippy.

I venture that the problem was more the extended parking (as a waiter, I knew that you made more by turning over the tables than having a twosome take up 2-3 hours of your table) and constant giggling (probably unawares as you were stoned) that was going to tick off the waitress more than anything.

Fine dining after lighting up? Usually burger and fries (and endless chips) did the trick for me.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The raw bar tower is damn near irresistible when you're stoned and if someone in your party is caught bobbing for lobsters, well, that's gonna cost you, too.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

This is all apocryphal, of course. To pretend otherwise would be Jim Frey-ish.

Man, it's bright in here. 8)

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Taco Bell tastes great when you're sober, too. I've never smoked pot -- or done any drugs; I try not to take medicine, either -- but I've spent summers on chalupa binges. Well worth it every time.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Irish's story reminds me of the time some friends and I, baked outta our minds, were asked politely, then not-so-politely, to leave an Olive Garden. Our waiter was Mexican or Spanish or Latino, but above all he was pissed off when one of my friends kept saying, "La Policia, la policia, the chupa cabra are coming!" Final straw was her saying to the waiter, "I heard a rumor than Mexican werewolves are coming up from Mexico and selling crack."

Oh well, to paraphrase a former co-worker, "I ain't wasting a $10 high on a $20 meal."

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Taco Bell has the worst tortillas in the history of tortillas.

And ethnically-based taunting of people who have control over your food is unwise, besides being just mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted