1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Upscale restaurants: Not "stoner-friendly"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Nov 12, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Is this true?

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I think you were just paranoid.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Should have taken a baby with you. Then you'd have won.

4. writing irish

Why do you say that? What? WHAT?

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The terrorists truly have won when a guy can't take a bong hit or nine then go out for a nice meal.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Updike fan?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I think you were really at Chuck E. Cheese.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I could relate to playing with the seeds. Of course, when we did it, the seeds were on the cardboard cover for the vinyl album that was on the turntable.

9. writing irish

I've only read "Rabbit, Run" and "Hub Fans Bid Kid Adieu." So Updike dated her before me? Hmm, she didn't mention that when we compared relationship histories.

Maybe we were at Chuck E's, but it was awfully quiet for Chuck E. Cheese restaurant. Though that would explain the giant, talking rodents.

Frank: "Rastaman Vibration" specifically encourages listeners to use the fold-out cover for that purpose.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I haven't read much Updike. I just remember a short story of his from a college class in which he described, I believe, a girl at the checkout line in such a fashion.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Updike will forever rule for his line about Ted Williams not tipping his cap.

Gods don't answer letters.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yep, he was a clerk and quit because the girls were treated poorly by the manager.

Draft saved Draft deleted