1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's a jewerly store here that has the world's most annoying commercials. "He went to Jared" I'm sure as fuck never going there.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

One of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That fucker was on the sides of buses when I was in college. It reached a point where people were so annoyed with his commericals that he stopped saying "huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge" for a while and it was just "huge." It didn't make me want to murder him any less, though.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I liked the Geico caveman ads when they first appeared, but they've become a bit tiresome, IMO. I'd actually like to see the first one in the sequence again, where the caveman is part of the crew filming the spot and he yells, 'not funny' and stalks off when the guy says it's so easy, a caveman could do it.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the other Geico campaign, with the 'real person' and the 'celebrity.' The only one of those I find mildly amusing is the one with the deep-voice movie-trailer guy.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

He's back saying HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE again.
    Turns it into a 2-syllable word.
    Now his big thing is his credit website, getting deadbeats to buy cars from him.

6. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

How about the Truth commercial with the guys with the really hairy backs and they put the chemical on it to spell "Cigarettes" where the hair has been removed. yuck.

Or the Taboo commercial where that girl buzzes everytime her husband tries to say something.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Any ad that features feet -- be it for Athletes' Foot or that little toe fungus fucker is on my shit list. Why is it that all Athletes' Foot ads feature someone spraying their burning foot with Tinactin or some such shit? Can you imagine the smell? Nothing like burning foot odor and burning chemicals, shoot me now.

Capital One ads are uniformly awful. So are the Kenny Mayne Progressive ads.

And those Citi ads with that Borat-ian jack ass are unintelligble. Frankly, I had no idea what they were advertising until I read this thread.

8. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Just saw another one during Futurama.

Snickers commercial where the guy grabs the guitar and sings about the "happy peanuts" "waterfalls of caramel" and "prancing nougat in the meadow."

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Kill Larry already! I so agree on this ad. What's worse is that the ad running now has the guy doing a Christmas jingle allowing the guy to rhyme the You're killing me Larry line. Oh, and the best part (not!) is that if you buy from them you get a bobblehead of the two people -- as if that's a perk!

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

You don't suppose they have anything to do with the upcoming Jim Carrey film called "23," do you?

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I just pulled my Dr Pepper Lip Smackers out of my pocket to check. Yep. No period.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The problem with this -- and for the uninitiated, it refers to a mattress company called "Sit 'n Sleep" -- is that the stupid ad is so bad, it works.

I've seen stories in papers on Larry (the owner) when they have grand openings in different cities. And when it comes to buying a mattress, you hate yourself in the morning for thinking about "Sit n' Sleep," but you do anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted