1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

-- I stumbled upon a show in which she was in bed, being screwed by the nerd guy who was in "I Love You Beth Cooper." No idea the name of the show.

-- First time I saw the AT&T commercial where she is on a giant TV in Times Square, I thought it was young Jaclyn Smith. Yep, that pretty.

2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that nobody has mentioned the Medicare Advantage commercials that have been bruising my mind for the last three months or so. Joe Namath, Jimmie "JJ" Walker, and most recently, Joan Lundin (taking a generational turn from the "Home for Mom" commercials). Then there's the unnamed professional pitchman brought on to do a "comparison shopping" MA commercial. Hey, if it's so great, why do you need to sell it so hard??

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It didn't have a negative impact at first, but I've seen the Amazon commercial so much lately that I'm getting sick of it.

Can probably spout it/do voice-over work of the entire thing verbatim.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The f*cking Facebook commercial with the creepy punk exclaiming “Screw it! Let’s talk about astrology!”

Let’s not, and while we’re at it… get a shirt, take that nail polish off and go get a job.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Taco Bell's "when you need a taco, you need a taco" commercial can be taken on several levels. Most which can't be discussed in polite company.

Batman, I Should Coco and sgreenwell like this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Not a specific commercial, but all the ads on Hulu. Hulu needs to fix their ad volume level so that it isn't 5+ notches higher than the program I'm watching.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  7. Wenders

All I can think during those ads is "Yeah Gronk, you're 'stop eating the paste' special."

Killick and swingline like this.
  8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Commercials are always like that! Seriously, you'll notice it almost no matter what station or service you're on.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

... and so that they cycle more than five of them, three of which are for birth control. I thought it was just because we were often watching shows on my wife's account, but no, I see them all the time on my account too. The Annie Murphy one is funny the first couple of times, but not so funny the dozenth time.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I was hoping after she ran to get a taco, they'd show him swimming by a buoy, then dragged under by a shark. Well, I guess Spielberg might have sued ...

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Wenders

I am so creeped out by the Annie Murphy one.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Someday history students will study what signs in the early 21st Century foretold the fall of the American empire.

There are many, but without a doubt, one of them will be the fact that people still bought and drank Dr. Pepper despite the Fansville ads. Being forced to view those should send a gag reflex through anyone who attempts to pick up a can of Dr. Pepper.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted