1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I never knew “Dr. Galazkiewicz” in the old Bud Light commercial was Livingston Dell from Ocean’s 11-12-13.

maumann likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That's the best television scene I've ever watched.

Patchen and sgreenwell like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is ... is that HR Block going to be playing all tax season?

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I predict that jingle's gonna get real old, real fast.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It can’t age as badly as the Gatorade Bolt 24 jingle. I hear the first piano notes of that and I’m already going for the remote.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

it's got autotuned electrolytes for peak performance

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

GRAMMARLY.

Good God, I'm "that guy who corrects everybody and everything" now. The last thing I need in retirement is to be reminded how poorly the general population writes AND how poorly an app written by computer nerds can somehow instantly make those same people appear somewhat intelligent by substituting one awful word for another.

What the hell did you do with that taxpayer-funded public education?

I'm starting a really gooder first annual half-staff their they're there your you're its it's which that who whom Go Fund Me Page to keep from literally killing myself if I have to see that ad another million times. I siriusly am going too loose it.

I saw a great T-shirt today. "Don't piss off old people. The older we get, the less 'life in prison' is a deterrent."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    HanSenSE, Wenders and ChrisLong like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This new Tom Brady T-Mobile spot can avoid the rush and fuck off right now. After three-plus hours of college basketball I think I’ve seen it a half-dozen times already.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Of course the "X-Chair" is a more comfortable place to work if your work seat is a toilet! I mean, how lazy was your props department if you couldn't get a generic office chair to be the "moron doesn't know how to sit in a chair" option?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hit pause at just the right time with State Farm guy next to the stack of beef and bacon.

That said, enough with the State Farm. Seems like 8 out of every 10 "commercials" on Peacock are State Farm.

Just waiting for the the State Farm Dude and LillyT&T to start cross pollinating.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 6.42.14 PM.png

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Flo cockblocking the young couple at the laundromat. Kill her. Kill her now. With fire.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But I did laugh at the State Farm commercial with Drake, when Rodgers disses Mahomes.

Draft saved Draft deleted