1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dunno about that, sunscreen ads are pretty honkified.

Also, you're a bit wrong -- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 TV Commercial, 'Chevy Bonus Tag: Special Editions'

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Peyton jingle commercials with the country singer.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

This commercial was filmed near where I live. It shut down a major road for a weekend and people were pissed as the detour was backed up, causing long delays.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This one may just be regional, but if I buy a Honda, will they stop with the irritating "Holiday Road" variations on, oh, every show I watch?

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I miss the Happy Honda Days ads from a few years ago, where each model had a different 80s toy that was associated with it. (And not just because I drive a CR-V and its toy of choice was Skeletor.)

Birdscribe likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The two guys in the car at Sonic. Hands down.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Really? Really? Really? Really? Really annoying.

Something something blah blah blah interest rates.

Sheesh.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The radio version of that commercial had a bit where some schmuck said "I can't believe he's in the starting lineup. Lay night he went 0-6 from the line." So these commercials are not Shaq fans, apparently.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

So, the Masterpass ads are pretty much coming out and saying Joe Montana has CTE, right? Someone says the word "pass" and he cannot restrain himself from picking up the nearest object and chucking it at the wall, that has to be some brain damage.

Not as much brain damage as the two guys in the Sonic ad, but still

Another getting on my nerves is a local one here for something called "the Addiction Network" where a "doctor" who looks like the bastard child of Charlie Day and a Sklar brother keeps asking "so why haven't you called?" 'Cuz I'm not addicted to anything, you twit.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I love watching hockey and the EPL on NBCSN but God help me I may stop if I have to listen to that damn Mountain Dew commercial one more time. My foot all the way up your ass will stop you pretty damn quick.

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Same here on hockey. My gripe is that damn commercial where the old woman in a hospital bed has overcome some ailment and tells her adult children not to worry, because they'll get $50,000 when she does die. I want the damn daughter to say, "Oh good, why don't you die. We can use the money."

Draft saved Draft deleted