1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATED: Fantasy golf league created

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Dec 6, 2006.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

3-jack city -- the story of my life -- is ready to dominate this two-bit golf league if I can remember to set my lineup each week.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, I'm in. The Bushwood gamblers it is. Do we need a lineup for the Mercedes, or are we waiting for the full-lineup events to start?

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Where is that?

I've clicked on the link, but can't find "Join Private Group"

After last year's faulty Fall Finish, when I missed two weeks and fell out of third place, Ben Stein's Atomic Sherpas Want. Back. In.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Never mind the above post...

Ben Stein's Atomic Sherpas are present and accounted for :mad: ;D

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Deadline to select your active golfers for the first tournament is in a few short hours.

Pick 'em now, or fall behind early.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This note from the Yahoo league:

Note: For those of you who selected golfers for your teams prior to 12/5 at 2:15pm PT: We have moved several golfers from the A to B and C lists in order to achieve more balance in the lists overall. Please verify that your roster is still filled out, as we may have dropped any relocated players from your A list.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

be sure to use up your aaron oberholser picks early. Carl Pettersen, too. that's free advice, btw.
    Slappy, sorry nick saban isn't available in this league.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

My Carl Spackler's Gophers are surging in the second half. For some reason, I keep picking the right golfers lately, but I don't think I've got enough time to actually challenge for the league title.

I'd post this on the league site, but the screwy message board gives your user name instead of your team's name.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, they are
    Yes, they are... but so are those Ben Stein's Atomic Sherpas.

I spent most of the season bouncing between 5th and 8th, got to 3rd before last week and am in 4th now. The week I missed out (Bob Hope) because I was traveling TO that tournament probably cost me a shot at the title.

Still, moving up from 17th place at the beginning of Feb. to being in the mix suffices for the time being.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Zach Johnson was one of the worst A picks of the season ... and just about everybody took him. I almost left him out for that very reason. Alas, he dragged me down for two days.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I had Johnson as well, but also had Green. I thought I was going to luck out on Green after three rounds, but he faded Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted