1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update to "There is a God"/Mobile ESPN thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Msaint, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Msaint

Msaint Member

I didn't see an update to the "There is a God" Mobile ESPN thread, or a new thread on the official death of Mobile ESPN announced yesterday, so forgive me if there's been discussion already. Yes, the the New Coke of the wireless world is no more. With all the vitriol against the Worldwide Leader I've seen here, I'm surprised there isn't a post with people urinating and dancing on their grave.

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn%20mobile/

[stands up, clears throat, addresses group in church basement] I'm Mark, and I was a Mobile ESPN customer[hiiiiiii, Mark. I admittedly had the phone -- insert laugh track -- and the content itself was unbelievable, and the service just fine, so it's a shame they didn't launch it right (totally overpriced, launched at wrong time of year, too many confusing price/retailer messages, etc.).

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Try checking more than one board...about the fifth thread down on sports and news.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/32363/

3. Msaint

Msaint Member

There's another board? ;)

Thanks.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I mean, I understand the confusion, what with ESPN no longer having much to do with sports, and the failure of this system hardly being news...more inevitable. :)

5. Msaint

Msaint Member

Truth be told, I was waiting for Disney/ESPN to tell me which board to post on. When they didn't chime in, I followed my gut, and that was wrong. From now on I will always, always wait for the Mouse/Stu Scott to make my decisions for me. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted