1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(UPDATE: PICS ADDED!) The Arrival of the Great American Newborn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Nov 22, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Re: The Arrival of the Great American Newborn

So great to have such happy news around here. Wishing all the CIs the very best...just remember, sleep is wasted on the young and the childless. Hope you all get some (sleep)--especially your wife.

Something weird definitely happened around here 9 months ago...i know of at least one other SJ freshly newborn baby, who shall (of course) remain anonymous.

Lots of love to all the true newbies.....

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Congrats man... Parenthood is the greatest...

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Congrats, CI!

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My daughter has a slight rash on her butt. My son just took his third bath today, and now the 3-year-old is arguing with his mother. As I type this, my girl is crying from her crib. I have to go get her now so that I can smother her with hugs and kisses. The boy is now crying, too. And I've never been happier. A guy told me before my first was born that it gets better every day, and he has been correct to this point. This is particularly true given that my son shit all over me during his first bath at home. Be aware, they're full of some nasty stuff, and it can shoot out in a stream if you're not careful. In my case, that stream hit the bathroom wall and, after my wife handed the guy to me, down my chest and stomach.

But I digress. Congratulations, dude! You just got yourself the best toy/game/friend/ that you're ever going to have. And best of all, no batteries. But, um, you do have to change the diapers, probably more often than I did today...I guess. So here's to you and smelling the little man's butt for the scent of poopie in public places. And don't forget to teach him how to lay down a bunt. There's just not enough of that these days.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

For the past 6 months all I've heard is....."you're life will never be the same, and appreciate it now, because it's all gonna change!"

GOOD! My life is boring as hell, I'm looking forward to my "new" life.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

novelist_wannabe is absolutely right. Having a baby has turned me into a blubbering moron. I put some toys into the Toy Mountain charity pile yesterday, and I got all choked up. There's a drunk driving commercial with an orphaned baby crying on TV now, and I have to change the channel when it comes on. I do the laundry, folding up the little dude's tiny Mets shirt, and I have to use it to wipe my eyes.

Seriously, CI, you've only half-lived to this point. Congratulations, and have fun with the other half.

And Ashy, now we're pulling for you and your wife, too.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Congrats, CI...you'll love every second.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

CI, congratulations! I'll make a toast in Jake's honor tonight.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Congrats CI! He's not only your son, but he's also your contribution to Saving Social Security. ;D

You'll love every minute of it, even the minutes you feel like you hate.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Many congratulations sir......

NOW GET BACK TO WORK, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I've updated the original post with pictures. Go see. ;D

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He's adorable, CI. Congrats, again. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted