1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update: Last leg of the trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 30, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

We've just put the iPod on shuffle or listened to different genres, mainly. Yesterday, we listened to about 3 hours of Motown hits. It was a great drive.

She's slept alot. She hasn't felt too swell after lunch each day, so she has had to nap.

2. three_bags_full

I figured some of it had to do with the new incentives for ethanol production. The popcorn lady at the Corn Palace, though, said she didn't think there was much more planted around there because of the incentives.

I didn't know you were a Little Big Horn fan. So, how did Custer lose?

3. three_bags_full

Yeah, I remember mentioning to Mrs. t_b_f how I thought the pink highway went well with Mother Nature's color scheme.

4. three_bags_full

Wow, man. You really need to get out more. ;D

Just kidding. Thanks for the compliment.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

There are as many theories out there as there are historians.
    But, battlefield evidence shows they were using pieces of shit for rifles. Shoot once, and the extractor wouldn't work. Empty round stayed in the chamber. If that's true, I'd hang my hat on that.
    Others say the troops just basically pissed themselves when confronted.
    A lot say Custer fucked up by splitting himself, Reno and Benteen.
    Still more say that Reno was a cowardly prick and couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
    And of course, Benteen absolutely hated Custer. A courrier was dispatced by Custer to Benteen imploring him to "bring packs." Benteen, most likely because of his deep-seated hatred, didn't immediately act on that order.
    The sad truth is, no one knows for sure. Surviving combatants couldn't be believed. It's all conjecture now.
    If you ever have a couple weeks to kill, I'd suggest reading "Son of the Morning Star" by Evan S. Connell.

6. Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

54-40 or fight!

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I need to stop reading this thread. I just became landlocked. Ugh.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is some beautiful country, I just love driving through the Cascades, especially on Highway 2. Though for city views, I still say driving east bound on 520 and coming over the rise near the fountains and seeing Lake Washington with Mount Rainier looming in the background is an unbelievable sight.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Here is a good shot of the Cascades:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you want to see the most incredible thing I've ever seen, plan a trip through the SD badlands at sunrise. (and it's asphalt for the most part, and they top it with a pink pebble mixture that gives it that color. Seen them doing it.)

And the drive across Montana is pretty freaking spectacular, as well...

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The Badlands are awesome. Went there when I was about 12 and thought they were 100 times more beautiful than Mt. Rushmore. I would love to get back to that part of the country and see that stuff when I can more fully appreciate it.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Rain tends to slow you down just a tad.

Draft saved Draft deleted