1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update: Last leg of the trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 30, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

Are we talking about the exclusive mansions/estates/horse farms etc. or the normal human being house for $187K ... which, BTW, would cost you 400K in New Jersey.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Northwest can hold its own in a price war, spnited, just not Montana. Seattle is out of control with prices.

As far as SC pimping Montana as the prettiest place in America, well that is no surprise. Idaho is stunning country, but I will take the Cascades of Central Washington over anywhere else in the country.
    As far as cities that are the most beautiful, I will take Seattle any day. Though Denver would be a close second. The mountains and water surrounding Seattle are stunning.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

grew up on the cascades and been to damned near every state. glacier national park is the prettiest place i've ever been lucky enough to see.

just sayin'.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I'd put San Francisco on my list of beautiful cities also.

I think the most breathtaking spot I've been is just east of Mount Rainier, when you're coming over Chinook Pass and the mountain is suddenly in front of you. It's just amazing.

On a good day, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

need i say more?

[​IMG]

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kinda like this, too:

[​IMG]

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And on a bad day, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

When Rainier blows (not if), Fort Lewis and Tacoma are gonna be in a world of hurt.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. Eastern Washington. I guess seeing all the I-90 WEST signs have my brian programmed.

9. three_bags_full

I know the Rockies are a pretty ride, and Missoula is the prettiest town we passed in Montana, by the way, but I found the mountains in Idaho, which are much greener and closer to the interstate, more interesting.

We're going to have lots of fun.

10. three_bags_full

I guess I meant the entire trip through Missouri. It started raining on us about 45 minutes south of St. Louis, took us about an hour to get through St. Louis because of rush hour and it was just plain old slow driving the whole time.

11. three_bags_full

I hope it's nice. We're anxious to finish the drive.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Yes, t_b_f, we are full of corn. ;D Seriously, with the increase of production of ethanol, the price of corn went up. Hence, all the farmers went fence row to fence row with it.
    Spent a night in Buffalo, Wyo., on the way to see Little Big Horn. Buffalo is a really neat little town. And I, who own every book about Custer I can find, was amazed with Custer National Battlefield. On the way back home we did the Mt. Rushmore thing.
    Can't vouch for Idaho, but Montana and So. Dak. were pretty easy on the eyes.

Draft saved Draft deleted