1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Journalists die in Montana plane crash

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by I Should Coco, Jun 29, 2010.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Some bad news from my neck of the woods: Four people, including a reporter and a business reporter/copy editor at the Kalispell (Mont.) Daily Inter Lake were aboard a small plane that went missing Sunday night in western Montana.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_92baa4d6-82f6-11df-a22f-001cc4c002e0.html

The reporters are Melissa Weaver, 23, originally from Billings, and Erika Hoefer, 27, originally from Beloit, Wis. The two men on the plane (including the pilot) are from Missoula.

I'll be keeping these people in my prayers and hope for the best.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Re: Journalists aboard missing plane in Montana

Hoefer, according to the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, is a Drake U. grad.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Re: Journalists aboard missing plane in Montana

Update, and it's not good. The plane was found today, and four bodies were found among the wreckage.

Terrible news. RIP Melissa Weaver, Erika Hoefer, Brian Williams and Sonny Kless. All young people in their 20s who were out for a sight-seeing flight on Sunday over and around Glacier National Park.

Weaver and Hoefer had both recently joined the Daily Inter Lake staff, in December.

Details from the Kalispell Daily Inter Lake:

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_deacb142-8484-11df-93b0-001cc4c002e0.html

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

So sad to hear this, especially because everyone in the plane was so young. RIP.

5. CR19

CR19 Member

My prayers are with the families who lost their loved ones. May God bless all of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted