1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: It's (going to be) a boy!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You're definitely going to have to avert your eyes on future ultrasounds, because it's pretty obvious! I might have considered waiting and being surprised, but Doc Babar is a scientist and can't handle the idea of information existing without her having it. :)

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

You planning on drinking THAT much?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have said this from the day I first learned the joys of alcohol:

I promise all my friends and family one thing. The wedding may be shitty. It may be held in a field with no furniture. And it may not even have food.

But it will, by the will of myself, have an open bar. That is a goddamn guarantee.

4. frozen tundra

frozen tundra Member

Mr. Babar:

Congratulations to you. Just found out a couple weeks ago that Mrs. Tundra and I will also be having a boy in the very near future. Now I am looking forward to the day when I can begin to push all my failed hopes and dreams onto him, thereby crushing his spirit before he's old enough to legally drink. Ah, parenthood!

5. ArnoldBabar

Thanks, tundra, and mazel tov to you! I'm going to try very hard not to push my kids into the things I tried and mostly failed at. My wife and I have decided our first child will probably turn out to be an artist, since it's something neither of us knows squat about.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

An open bar is an absolute must. I will not be argued on that point.

7. ArnoldBabar

When my wife and I sat down to plan the wedding, the bar was the first item on the budget. We made sure that was taken care of, then the rest was details.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

One of my friends only had Busch Light on tap. The free whine was flowing that night.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My brother didn't even have that. His wife's parents are teetotalers (sp?), so there was no booze in sight, at all, except the flask the infamous groomsman smuggled in and refused to share with me.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, boy. When my sister got married, and I, then 19, was in the party, my brother-in-law made sure we had beer for the pre-wedding breakfast, for in the limo to the wedding, on the way to the reception -- where there was an open bar. The two of them knew in order to keep all their police friends happy (he's a cop, and she's a forensic psychologist), the beer needed to be flowing and free.

Draft saved Draft deleted