1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: ISU prez green lights chap... er, "life skills assistant" propsosal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Forgive me, but I'm not going to go through the previous seven pages to catch up on this story.

What makes this different from several other public universities who have athletic chaplains? None of them has been sued, to my knowledge...

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

From the AP story:

"Iowa State President Gregory Geoffrey issued a letter Thursday explaining several guidelines for the position, including an order that prohibits the promotion of religion. Geoffrey also said the person must be a volunteer, prohibited from accepting any state or university funds.

“Many interested parties will be watching and carefully examining the activities of the person filling this position,” Geoffrey wrote in the letter to athletic director Jamie Pollard. “It is thus incumbent upon you and your staff to ensure that the conditions of this approval are fully met without compromise.”

Draft saved Draft deleted