1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UPDATE: Hotel information on page 8 for Charlotte Gathering

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Apr 18, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Re: UPDATE: Dates chosen for Charlotte Gathering

Dude, I said I wasn't going.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

All are good responses. But we were looking for: "What is tungsten, or wolfram?"

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Phew...just glad it's not me. :D

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

100 bucks this doesn't happen.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sorry for the lack of an update.

We have three hotel choices if we all want to stay together. If you want to stay in separate places, let me know, but I do need a PM if you're planning on coming.

The Doubletree is $90 per night plus taxes. It's about 6-10 blocks from the bars, which I don't mind walking, but you tell me.

The Westin and Holiday Inn are both about $115 once you factor in parking.

Both prices are plus taxes, but you let me know if everyone just doesn't want to stay in the same hotel, that's fine. Then we're all kind of on our own and spread out, but I know Doc and I don't mind walking the 6-10 blocks to the bars and back (unless we're really drunk.. then it's a cab ride back for me. I broke my ankle trying to walk drunk once ;) )

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK all, I think we've decided on the Doubletree hotel. It's a 6-10 block to the bar district, which I'm sure by the end of the night we'll all be capable of doing. ;)

Friday, Doc and I will arrive. If we need to pick someone up at the airport, I don't think it will be a problem. Drinking and dinner will take place for those who are there Friday night.

Saturday, stragglers will come in. We'll be going to Carowinds Theme park in the afternoon and the Charlotte Knights ball game in the evening. Tickets are being reserved (I believe) for the ball game, but you can buy tickets to the theme park online. www.carowinds.com. Then on to the bars.

Sunday, we will be having lunch. Then Doc and I will be departing. We're moving the next day. I don't know what the rest of you will be doing.

7. Re: UPDATE: Dates chosen for Charlotte Gathering

I was going to rule this out but my family loves Carowinds ... hmmm.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You could do Carowinds and the ball game write-brained. Your little one who just had surgery is likely to receive lots of toys if you bring her, too. (Or at least toys from Doc and me)

9. Re: UPDATE: Dates chosen for Charlotte Gathering

That's sweet of you guys. My wife luuuuuuuvvs Carowinds, so this trip just became a distinct possibility ...

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We'd love to have you. PM me if you're interested in more details.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I might stay until Monday if there are people around and something to do.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I probably go back late Sunday ... probably will hang out with another friend in Charlotte after the SportsJournalists.commers disband ...

Draft saved Draft deleted