1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, May 13, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So what's the general premise of the movie, without revealing the plot?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Old man seeks adventure after sad event, finds it in unpredictable ways.

3. Castaway

Castaway New Member

Saw it this weekend, great work by Pixar as usual. Maybe not perfect but a solid triple if not a home run.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC & I were talking about this after we saw Up last week.

I think Pixar is trying to get away from this pre-determined notion that if it's an animated movie, it must be for children.

The weirdest and probably least kids oriented animated flick of the last ten years or so has to be Les Triplettes de Belleville. The fact that it's French doesn't matter. There's no dialogue .

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I cried twice. Good movie. Not as good as ratatouille IMO.

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

[​IMG]

7. KG

KG Active Member

I cried a few times during this movie. It was really good.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Took my wife and little one to see this yesterday. Very well done. Perhaps a bit slow in the middle, but touching and funny.

My 5-year-old completely missed the stuff with Carl's life leading up to the story, which I thought was the best part of the movie. but she still enjoyed and laughed.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched it with my wife and kids and I think we were all disappointed.

I think Pixar has been in a slump since The Incredibles. (I don't think Cars was Pixar)

I thought it was well-done, and the opening montage of how the old guy met his wife, was amazing, but I thought the rest of the film was meh, and I expect more than that from Pixar.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I saw it this past weekend with two of my kids. Pretty sure this was the first 3D movie I've seen since Jaws III. From the previews it looks like every Disney movie in the next year will be in 3D.

Kids (14 & 11) were not impressed and I thought it was over - rated (clap clap ... clap, clap, clap).

11. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

It was good at the start but got tiring and ran too long, IMO. Still a pretty entertaining flick.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Saw it with the family. Thought it was well done on many levels. Surprised how much the dog bit continued to be funny. I, too, was surprised to see the blood in the one scene. But I'd definitely recommend it. Take the wife, bring tissues.

Draft saved Draft deleted