1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

unusual hiring requirements?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by runningman, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Taylee

Taylee Member

Came to current gig three months after a new EE was hired, which was perfect. First thing he did was rid the place ... at least the editorial side ... of the psych test.
    1. If you were a tree (animal and appliance were subsequent questions), what kind would you be?
    2. When buying something and you're given the wrong amount of change but to your benefit, do you tell the person?

Makes for some interesting stories from some of the lifers

2. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

Credit Checks? For a job?

When did that start?

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That's common. The line is that people with good credit are less likely to steal. There was a story in the Wall Street Journal about how some civil rights organization was bitching about that, since minorities generally have worse credit than whites...and some group did a study and found credit ratings had nothing do to with employee theft. (Shit, my credit rating is lower than K. Fed's I.Q. But no way in hell would I steal from an employer.)

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

At my shop we once had to eliminate a candidate because he had a bad speeding ticket. Something like 30-40 mph over. I didn't think it was enough, but the higher-ups did.

Draft saved Draft deleted