1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unlisted players on a roster

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god, but somehow you were able to figure it out.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i could give two shits about the sex of the person, dude. if you're going to act like an idiot, i'll tell you why you're one in front of staff.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Covered a first-round playoff game last night and there were no programs. Luckily I got to the stadium about an hour before kickoff, so I wander onto the field and the opposing coach says he has one roster with him and the person running the event took it.

Eventually, after arguing with the PA announcers I convinced them to let me take their one copy and make copies.

I would have been fine for our team, but it would have been a clusterfuck for the team that is 1 1/2 hours from us.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

99 times out of 100, the guys announcing HS sporting events are dickwads. it's odd, it really is.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It was a situation in which she said that as she was walking away. We ridicule her daily in our department anyway, but some people are just fair-haired favorites in the newsroom for reasons that escape those of us who know what we're doing.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now that's what i wanted to hear, dude. thanks for clearing up that point.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We also used to have a short-tempered ASE (since moved on) who clashed with this photo editor frequently. It was great entertainment, kinda like slowing down to see a car wreck on the freeway.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow, I must have a lot of "ones" around here...most are very nice about things like that...but yeah, there are a few that could use a good operation of getting a stick out of their ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted