1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University papers now being graded in India

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 1, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've got a stack sitting here to grade. Can they get them back to me by Tuesday?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I talked to Shauna in India yesterday because I had trouble installing a wireless router, and considering it was 3 a.m. there, I thought she was extremely helpful.

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Had an issue getting my parents' new printer to work a few weeks ago. Called India, and they were all over it. Best over-the-phone customer service I've ever had.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

More than half the reporters at my new employer are based in India and Pakistan. Some of them are pretty damn good, and all of them respond to criticism far better than any first-job college grad I ever worked with in the U.S.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't know what the big deal is. Most of my math and science papers/exams in college were graded by Indians, and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted